• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the hell? Are there really people out there with thinking that distorted, and separated from reality?

How the hell do they function on a day to day basis with 60million evil people?

That sounds like a crazy person, or the next madman with a weapon. Wow. Just aghast at that level of delusion.

The sad part is that thinking is repeated by a ton of people there. Maybe they word it a little better.. But make no mistake they believe the GOP or anyone willfully associating with them is evil.

If something is evil you no longer have to listen to it or think about its motives or anything. Its a way to ensure there is no possible challenge to their world views.

prag16

Banned
What in the hell? Are there really people out there with thinking that distorted, and separated from reality?

That sounds like a crazy person, or the next madman with a weapon. Wow. Just aghast at that level of delusion.
Between that and the "State of the Democratic Party" thread, how out of touch with reality so many of them are is absolutely astounding.

Fox Mulder

It's just impotent rage in a bubble. Dems can't win elections in many states with this view, and they already think a Democrat like Joe Manchin in WV are the enemy instead of seeing it as a win.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Here is a doozy.

A transgender person getting banned for being transphobic.

The kicker: This is a user with actual suicidal tendencies and was in the Mental Health thread to have a listening ear. They are actively permbanning people that need help and just leaving them be.

I know said user has had rather harsh opinions before, but to nuke this account when said user clearly benefits from having people to help this user out is especially harsh. I am not even lying that for these folks such an event might just be the trigger that makes them snap.

But you are not allowed to call this out, because ''If you have questions or concerns regarding a ban, contact a mod captain directly. Do not derail a thread.''

Very, very inconsiderate moderation here on display in that thread. Two other posts stand out aswell:
I'm sure you mean well but please don't call it transgenderism... especially right after you compared it to being autistic and disabled.
To no fucking surprise to anyone Miss 20k posts has to get triggered that how something is phrased is problematic. Class, it is ''Transgender People''. Repeat after me!

These are such trivial details to take notice over when trans acceptance (by dialogue, not by what The Names or their little helpers do by aggression and emotions) is such an important goal to achieve. That transgender people are normal, not special (Like these folks so desperately want it to be).
Keep in mind some of the mods are transwomen. I'm not trans but I have moderated queer women subreddits for years and seen the type of closeted self hating trans woman Gierskogul is. By their own admission in other posts they don't do well in trans spaces because they have a lot of transphobic views. You can be a self hating trans or queer person and make life hell for the majority of queer and trans people ina. community with self hating stuff like Gierskogul was posting. I've seen Latina lesbian women go to bat for Trump, for example.
Literally this reads like We will do anything to protect your feelings when you are trans on ERA because some of us staff understand where you are coming from, but if you bat against us, then we will oust you, and we don't care if you are suicidal or not. (Obmitted brackets as it isnt a literal quote, but a conclusive take i get from the commentary there).
I wish the best for Gierskogul but I understand the ban perfectly. They are suicidal and have a host of mental issues that need assistance that an internet forum just can't give. Sometimes you have to let those people go figure out their shit, or else they're just going to keep attacking other trans people as they were doing in this very thread
Remember, you just have to let those people go... when they are clearly suicidal and contemplating an attempt recently.

I am glad some users there clearly don't take these things seriously if this is the kind of commentary that sprungs up. Even when most attempts just end up with people writing words to do it (and not actually doing it like Chloe Sagal), they all deserve to be heard. Depression, having suicidal thoughts is not joke, and no, Phazonblonde, those people should not just be let go.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You don't care for that user, so stop that with this shit.

Stop what? Pointing out poor moderation procedure that could lead to possibly severe consequences all for the far-left idea of "feels over facts"? Pointing out the absurdity that is diluting the seriousness of actual transphobia by calling out whatever you disagree with as "transphobic"?

Shiki_

Banned
Stop what? Pointing out poor moderation procedure that could lead to possibly severe consequences all for the far-left idea of "feels over facts"? Pointing out the absurdity that is diluting the seriousness of actual transphobia by calling out whatever you disagree with as "transphobic"?

First, Redneckerz is misgendering Geirskogul, so I don't think he even cares about her. You just want to mock people because you are really bitter to a forum.

Redneckerz

You don't care for that user, so stop that with this shit.
Except i do, because its rather inconsiderate to perm people with issues like that.

First, Redneckerz is misgendering Geirskogul, so I don't think he even cares about her.
Fwiw i recalled that she was a she, but could not find the specific post so i decided on editing my post to a more neutral phrasing since i had this brainwave that i threw in a few "he"'s in there automatically.

Just being transparent here.

You just want to mock people because you are really bitter to a forum.
If that were the case i would take less action into explaining my stances and just call everyone and everything on ERA shit. It should be obvious that aint the case, but ill happily invite you to read my other posts on this matter :)

Shiki_

Banned
If that were the case i would take less action into explaining my stances and just call everyone and everything on ERA shit. It should be obvious that aint the case, but ill happily invite you to read my other posts on this matter :)

And what you matter? Why? Because the communities were mostly from here? Because EviLore is salty because a lot of users left and he want to capitalize the outrage of the users who are here (and it's seems RE as a topic is the most popular)? There's nothing more pathethic than write a lot about other forums, their rules and their users.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
And what you matter? Why? Because the communities were mostly from here? Because EviLore is salty because a lot of users left and he want to capitalize the outrage of the users who are here (and it's seems RE as a topic is the most popular)? There's nothing more pathethic than write a lot about other forums, their rules and their users.
I mean, you could just ignore this thread.

Ketkat

Here is a doozy.

A transgender person getting banned for being transphobic.

The kicker: This is a user with actual suicidal tendencies and was in the Mental Health thread to have a listening ear. They are actively permbanning people that need help and just leaving them be.

I know said user has had rather harsh opinions before, but to nuke this account when said user clearly benefits from having people to help this user out is especially harsh. I am not even lying that for these folks such an event might just be the trigger that makes them snap.

But you are not allowed to call this out, because ''If you have questions or concerns regarding a ban, contact a mod captain directly. Do not derail a thread.''

Very, very inconsiderate moderation here on display in that thread. Two other posts stand out aswell:

To no fucking surprise to anyone Miss 20k posts has to get triggered that how something is phrased is problematic. Class, it is ''Transgender People''. Repeat after me!

These are such trivial details to take notice over when trans acceptance (by dialogue, not by what The Names or their little helpers do by aggression and emotions) is such an important goal to achieve. That transgender people are normal, not special (Like these folks so desperately want it to be).

Literally this reads like We will do anything to protect your feelings when you are trans on ERA because some of us staff understand where you are coming from, but if you bat against us, then we will oust you, and we don't care if you are suicidal or not. (Obmitted brackets as it isnt a literal quote, but a conclusive take i get from the commentary there).

Remember, you just have to let those people go... when they are clearly suicidal and contemplating an attempt recently.

I am glad some users there clearly don't take these things seriously if this is the kind of commentary that sprungs up. Even when most attempts just end up with people writing words to do it (and not actually doing it like Chloe Sagal), they all deserve to be heard. Depression, having suicidal thoughts is not joke, and no, Phazonblonde, those people should not just be let go.

This is really the only time I'm going to post here, because I do believe the accusations against Evilore, and I do feel that this forum's community is really going down the toilet. But, I do want to clarify a few things on this to you and others who might be getting the wrong idea.

You seem to have it in your head the admins and mods of resetera are sitting there gleefully banning people left and right, when what actually happens in a case like this, is that everyone is upset that she had to be banned. No one is happy that someone who is hurting and lashing out has to be removed from the community, but sometimes that is the case. And trust me when I say that no one was ignoring her that entire time. I talked with her quite a bit, as did a lot of the trans community, including staff from that site. No one was ignoring her, but at a certain point, you do need to learn when to let go and move on from people who are self-destructive like that. While we want the best for everyone who is reaching out for help, there's only so much that we can do as internet strangers, and a lot of the realities of fixing those views have to come from within. That's something that I personally struggle with, but we're not professionals and we have to learn to accept that we can't help everyone out there.

And just because someone is posting in the mental health thread does not give them a free pass to go around insulting other users of the forum, and that wouldn't fly here as well. And its very possible for someone who is transgender to be transphobic. As for the help that she's getting right now specifically, I talked with her slightly after her ban, and she has other communities that she prefers to be a part of. She's not completely shut off, and she's always free to reach out to me and a few other people as well. I know that it can be hard to judge what's going on behind the scenes with a lot of this stuff when you're not directly involved. There's been a few things here and there that have seemed weird to me as well until I heard what was going on, but trust me when I say that everyone on that site is doing their best for the mental health community. No one on the staff is the cartoon villain that you're trying to paint them as.

As for your rants on Excel. She asked politely for someone to change the terminology that they were using, and that upsets you? You don't feel that's important enough? I don't understand why you feel that you know what's best for the trans community over the trans people that are speaking up about these issues. Is that the most dangerous issue out there to address? Of course not. But if you seriously want to see trans people as normal, then actually listen to what we're saying instead of constantly browsing places like Voat and Kiwifarms to get your information on us and what's important for our community. Because the way that you're typing here comes off beyond petty over a simple request.

I'm going to make this request of you one more time, and I hope you'll genuinely listen this time. Please stop using the mental health of others in your crusade against Era. It's okay to be upset that you were banned, but there are some things that you really should not be dragging into this conversation.

dolabla

Every board needs some comedic relief and Reeeeset provides that.

prag16

Banned
I do believe the accusations against Evilore, and I do feel that this forum's community is really going down the toilet.

tenor.gif

And seeing excelsior and 'polite' in the same sentence is laughable. She is one of the most militant and aggressive posters I've ever seen on gaf/era.

Redneckerz

And what you matter? Why? Because the communities were mostly from here? Because EviLore is salty because a lot of users left and he want to capitalize the outrage of the users who are here (and it's seems RE as a topic is the most popular)?
It is more that this thread (and yes, i am not going to deny that this thread has more reasons than one to exist) provides a surface to openly criticize (within reason and nuance) and discuss these topics that would inevitably see you an ban over at ERA. Is that because we are problematic folk? I dont think thats the case.

There's nothing more pathethic than write a lot about other forums, their rules and their users.
We also write about what happens at companies, thats a job even.

I think discussing it is beneficial, when it comes to topics like these. What i, and likely you dont want is that every opinion but the "correct" one is subject to unneeded consequences. That is only a transparent policy in the sense that you can know what to expect. Not something you would want to strive for on a new place imo.

Edit: i see the new posts but wont be able to address them till later due to time constraints and on phone.

dolabla

This is really the only time I'm going to post here, because I do believe the accusations against Evilore, and I do feel that this forum's community is really going down the toilet. But, I do want to clarify a few things on this to you and others who might be getting the wrong idea.

You seem to have it in your head the admins and mods of resetera are sitting there gleefully banning people left and right, when what actually happens in a case like this, is that everyone is upset that she had to be banned. No one is happy that someone who is hurting and lashing out has to be removed from the community, but sometimes that is the case. And trust me when I say that no one was ignoring her that entire time. I talked with her quite a bit, as did a lot of the trans community, including staff from that site. No one was ignoring her, but at a certain point, you do need to learn when to let go and move on from people who are self-destructive like that. While we want the best for everyone who is reaching out for help, there's only so much that we can do as internet strangers, and a lot of the realities of fixing those views have to come from within. That's something that I personally struggle with, but we're not professionals and we have to learn to accept that we can't help everyone out there.

And just because someone is posting in the mental health thread does not give them a free pass to go around insulting other users of the forum, and that wouldn't fly here as well. And its very possible for someone who is transgender to be transphobic. As for the help that she's getting right now specifically, I talked with her slightly after her ban, and she has other communities that she prefers to be a part of. She's not completely shut off, and she's always free to reach out to me and a few other people as well. I know that it can be hard to judge what's going on behind the scenes with a lot of this stuff when you're not directly involved. There's been a few things here and there that have seemed weird to me as well until I heard what was going on, but trust me when I say that everyone on that site is doing their best for the mental health community. No one on the staff is the cartoon villain that you're trying to paint them as.

As for your rants on Excel. She asked politely for someone to change the terminology that they were using, and that upsets you? You don't feel that's important enough? I don't understand why you feel that you know what's best for the trans community over the trans people that are speaking up about these issues. Is that the most dangerous issue out there to address? Of course not. But if you seriously want to see trans people as normal, then actually listen to what we're saying instead of constantly browsing places like Voat and Kiwifarms to get your information on us and what's important for our community. Because the way that you're typing here comes off beyond petty over a simple request.

I'm going to make this request of you one more time, and I hope you'll genuinely listen this time. Please stop using the mental health of others in your crusade against Era. It's okay to be upset that you were banned, but there are some things that you really should not be dragging into this conversation.

Nobody has to go on any crusade to prove that reset sucks with its angry mobs and its authoritarian moderation :D. It does a pretty good job of that on its own. It's pretty front and center. Just saying.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This is really the only time I'm going to post here, because I do believe the accusations against Evilore, and I do feel that this forum's community is really going down the toilet.

Curious, how is it that the community has "gone down the toilet"? Is it because we allow people on both sides to have view points instead of banning because we may hurt someone's precious feelings? Is it that some don't immediately assume that if you voted for Trump or are republican that you are a racist/neo-nazi/alt-right douchebag (which is still the prevailing thought in ResetEra)? Is it because we don't believe in the supposedly "ever-looming ghost of GamerGate"? Is it because we simply don't care about what Evilore did in his private life (or don't readily believe accusations without substantial evidence)? Is it a mix of all of these and more?

There is a reason that ResetEra (and former NeoGaf) are mocked endlessly on the internet. Y'all aren't the "good guys" or "misunderstood" (as I have seen some refer to the site as).

And yet we see time and again former members return to do nothing but shit on the forum, call people "alt-right" or "neo-nazis" and how this place is a haven for the most evil GamerGaters that ever walked the earth. You claim that Evilore is salty, but the one who seems salty here is you, Shiki.

Last edited:

dolabla

I think you hit the nail on the head, Claus. All viewpoints are allowed here now and that is some of these Resetters worst nightmare. That is considered going down hill, lol. Evilore is "normalizing" that evil known as difference of opinion.

Ketkat

Curious, how is it that the community has "gone down the toilet"? Is it because we allow people on both sides to have view points instead of banning because we may hurt someone's precious feelings? Is it that some don't immediately assume that if you voted for Trump or are republican that you are a racist/neo-nazi/alt-right douchebag (which is still the prevailing thought in ResetEra)? Is it because we don't believe in the supposedly "ever-looming ghost of GamerGate"? Is it because we simply don't care about what Evilore did in his private life (or don't readily believe accusations without substantial evidence)? Is it a mix of all of these and more?

There is a reason that ResetEra (and former NeoGaf) are mocked endlessly on the internet. Y'all aren't the "good guys" or "misunderstood" (as I have seen some refer to the site as).

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/off-...keep-it-in-here.1462647/page-7#post-253311873

This post was using the word tranny non-stop with all of those transphobic sentiments carried throughout before it was edited by a mod. He's also a user who has created a thread about how much he hates the trans community from Gaf, as well as when the mods are first introduced, immediately asks if he's allowed to say he doesn't feel that transgender identities are real. This place is full of people like this with opinions from different subjects that are frankly disgusting. You can say that this place is pro-LGBT all you want, but let's face the facts here.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Gaf's problems aren't mine, and whether or not you all want to fix those doesn't matter to me. I just came in here to explain the mental health side of things because I think its beyond shitty to use someone's mental health as a weapon like this.

Grinchy

Banned
lol at this thread - The premise is that Trump will lose the 2020 election and he won't be able to handle it. He'd have to be forcibly removed.

The first reply is hilarious to me. "He’d still have power for the two months during any transfusion I could see some attempt at putting curfews in place with the national guard called in to keep people off the streets for a manufactured reason."

Can you imagine not only being so insane to think this thought, but to have the complete lack of self-awareness to publicly broadcast it thinking other people will agree?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/off-...keep-it-in-here.1462647/page-7#post-253311873

This post was using the word tranny non-stop with all of those transphobic sentiments carried throughout before it was edited by a mod. He's also a user who has created a thread about how much he hates the trans community from Gaf, as well as when the mods are first introduced, immediately asks if he's allowed to say he doesn't feel that transgender identities are real. This place is full of people like this with opinions from different subjects that are frankly disgusting. You can say that this place is pro-LGBT all you want, but let's face the facts here.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Gaf's problems aren't mine, and whether or not you all want to fix those doesn't matter to me. I just came in here to explain the mental health side of things because I think its beyond shitty to use someone's mental health as a weapon like this.

Not everyone thinks the same way of the term "tranny". Some think it is derogatory, some don't. Trying to force your own viewpoint on everyone else will only cause failure. Regardless, the user was warned and dealt with in a short time span. Not sure what your issue is when moderators had done their job. Is it because they weren't immediately banned? Some people think that giving someone a second chance is a good idea. People can learn from their mistakes and grow as people.

As for the last bit, while you may think it is shitty to use someone's mental health as a "weapon" (which I disagree that it is being used as such here), I believe it is shitty to make false accusations of transphobia, racism, sexism, and misogyny, which your preferred forum seems to do quite often. Then again, that is ResetEra's problem, not mine. This won't stop people from pointing out the ignorance of such moves and how they can be detrimental to the internet community, or linked to growing concerns within certain nations.

JordanN

Banned
Germany has announced they will reverse their long standing migrants policy and start tightening borders. What is Era's response?

Fucking Nazis.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/me...id-to-save-her-government.53006/#post-9971696

Yesterday, I posted in a thread where people didn't believe me when I said speaking out on immigration is not a choice, it's coming with threats.
Here I am, completely right again.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/trum...old-summit-soon.1463368/page-3#post-253320998
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/trum...old-summit-soon.1463368/page-3#post-253321127

Last edited:

Typhares

Personally this thread gave me a good chuckle yesterday: the joe rogan is alt right.
Basically a fine example of everyone I don't agree with is alt-right and alt-right = nazis.
I mean I can see some posters saying it's BS but they are the minority. I suppose the people thinking it is BS won't risk going in the thread or will jsut roll their eyes and exit.

Fox Mulder

Rogan has had just about every popular left wing host on his show, like TYT people, Jimmy Dore, and Kyle Kulinski. Saying he's alt right is fucking dumb.

Joe Rogan is willing to have both sides on his popular podcast, so of course he's a Nazi. I really wonder how that bubble looks in a year or so.

Last edited:

Shiki_

Banned

And yet we see time and again former members return to do nothing but shit on the forum, call people "alt-right" or "neo-nazis" and how this place is a haven for the most evil GamerGaters that ever walked the earth. You claim that Evilore is salty, but the one who seems salty here is you, Shiki.

Maybe. But I'm the one who don't need money with a forum. Like if EviLore cares to foster a community.

And Gators are a fucking cancer, you know. That's a fact.

American

Banned
This is really the only time I'm going to post here, because I do believe the accusations against Evilore, and I do feel that this forum's community is really going down the toilet.

While I agree with you that this forum's community is going down the toilet, and the anime avatar guy is a very good sign of the members this forum now attracts, what accusations against Evilore do you believe and what did he do exactly? He got a bad signal, did something clumsy and... walked out? Completely left the girl alone. And you want crucify him for that? Especially since she slept with him a few months afterwards?

As for your passioned defence of the trans-community, it's pure comedy. You and that fucking loser Excelsiorf are the prime examples of why people who would otherwise be extremely sympathetic to trans issues end up becoming, at best, apathetic and at worst hostile.

Because I've seen you posts. You bait and bait people until they inevitably end up banned. I honestly don't even think either of you are trans, and definitely not Excelsiorf, but are instead there just to annoy people, get them stuck in a whirlwind of semantics until you get your 'gotcha!' moment and then you frantically hit the report button as well as sending PM's to your beloved Mod-captains. If I was gonna go into Alex Jones, Infowars, conspiracy theory mode, I'd almost say you're 'false flag' operatives, who are there to make genuine good trans people look bad.

It's not a coincidence that the vast majority of people that 'debate' with you on shithole ResetERA end up getting banned. People like you are the enemies of the trans-community.

Grinchy

Banned
Personally this thread gave me a good chuckle yesterday: the joe rogan is alt right.
Basically a fine example of everyone I don't agree with is alt-right and alt-right = nazis.
I mean I can see some posters saying it's BS but they are the minority. I suppose the people thinking it is BS won't risk going in the thread or will jsut roll their eyes and exit.
That's what the Off-Topic section used to be for me here. You either shared the one allowed opinion, or you stayed away completely. Why run head first into a ban from some unhinged moderator? It's really refreshing to have the forum back.

Shiki_

Banned
While I agree with you that this forum's community is going down the toilet, and the anime avatar guy is a very good sign of the members this forum now attracts, what accusations against Evilore do you believe and what did he do exactly? He got a bad signal, did something clumsy and... walked out? Completely left the girl alone. And you want crucify him for that? Especially since she slept with him a few months afterwards?

As for your passioned defence of the trans-community, it's pure comedy. You and that fucking loser Excelsiorf are the prime examples of why people who would otherwise be extremely sympathetic to trans issues end up becoming, at best, apathetic and at worst hostile.

Because I've seen you posts. You bait and bait people until they inevitably end up banned. I honestly don't even think either of you are trans, and definitely not Excelsiorf, but are instead there just to annoy people, get them stuck in a whirlwind of semantics until you get your 'gotcha!' moment and then you frantically hit the report button as well as sending PM's to your beloved Mod-captains. If I was gonna go into Alex Jones, Infowars, conspiracy theory mode, I'd almost say you're 'false flag' operatives, who are there to make genuine good trans people look bad.

It's not a coincidence that the vast majority of people that 'debate' with you on shithole ResetERA end up getting banned. People like you are the enemies of the trans-community.

I don't think you care for trans people. But whatever.

It is clear you do not understand what "fact" means. Here are a few links that you may need to read up on.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fact
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fact
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fact

Oh, Gators are a fucking cancer. For real. It's a shame to see a person with a avatar of the King of Knights to support such vil movement.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I don't think you care for trans people. But whatever.

Oh, Gators are a fucking cancer. For real. It's a shame to see a person with a avatar of the King of Knights to support such vil movement.

When exactly did I say I supported GamerGate? I do not care for them, but I won't demonize them either. They are a long dead movement after all. The only thing I stated/insinuated is that the movement wasn't full of awful people and on a few occasions that ResetEra/Waypoint/Polygon/Kotaku keep trying to perpetuate this "gaming boogeyman". However, this will probably go over your head as you seem to be having issues with reading comprehension and lack basic research skills, as evidenced by your recent posts in this thread. If you would like to have an actual discussion, we have a wonderful thread over here:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/game...-murdering-each-other-about-it.1460965/page-1

Shiki_

Banned
When exactly did I say I supported GamerGate? I do not care for them, but I won't demonize them either. They are a long dead movement after all. The only thing I stated/insinuated is that the movement wasn't full of awful people and on a few occasions that ResetEra/Waypoint/Polygon/Kotaku keep trying to perpetuate this "gaming boogeyman". However, this will probably go over your head as you seem to be having issues with reading comprehension and lack basic research skills, as evidenced by your recent posts in this thread. If you would like to have an actual discussion, we have a wonderful thread over here:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/game...-murdering-each-other-about-it.1460965/page-1

I'm fine, thanks, but I don't need it.

Last edited:
Not everyone thinks the same way of the term "tranny".

I think I was just out of high school the last time I thought that word was not derogatory. It's incredibly difficult to have rational and thoughtful conversation when we are throwing around slurs and claiming they are not.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I think I was just out of high school the last time I thought that word was not derogatory. It's incredibly difficult to have rational and thoughtful conversation when we are throwing around slurs and claiming they are not.

Again, not everyone thinks the same way. There are many different english speaking cultures that have different values for what certain words mean. Terms such as "cunt", "tranny", "nigga", "trap" can have wildly different meanings and values depending on where you live. Making a blanket statement that a certain term is offensive for *all* is silly. Personally, I do not care for the term - but I won't try to suggest that it is offensive for everyone as I have seen from first hand experience that not everyone finds it offensive (especially within the communities that you claim is offended).

level1

I'm interested to see what happens here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/tr...obama-guidelines-on-affirmative-action.53132/

He posted:

The dogpiles and ban baiting has already started. When does the banhammer drop?

Banned already. That being said, I disagree with him. Affirmative action was introduced precisely because of racism in the admission process. I dislike the very notion of quotas, however removing affirmative action without introducing introducing other measures to combat potential racism in college admissions is quite frankly bullshit.

Last edited:

dolabla

Banned already. That being said, I disagree with him. Affirmative action was introduced precisely because of racism in the admission process. I dislike the very notion of quotas, however removing affirmative action without introducing introducing other measures to combat potential racism in college admissions is quite frankly bullshit.

Yeah, they should have let him defend/respond to other posters why he thinks it needs to go. But as we know over there, anything that goes against their certain line of thinking is not tolerated.

Redneckerz

... And yet after this post you proceeded to reply again anyways. If you are going to make such definitive statements, atleast adhere to them yourself :)

Oh i know you did. That's the one thing i have been consistently praising you for, both on there and here. What i am concerned of is that despite these harsh opinions ushered by her, it is decided that yeah, the user needs to go. I think it is rather insensitive to do so when just a few weeks prior they were contemplating suicide. When you know of this, things like permbanning might just be the trigger that will set them off. Hence why i called this out. I think that is not a right way of dealing with it.

As for the bolded: You really should try to read (Highlight: ''I dont think any of these folks are miserable human beings.'') my earlier posts (Highlight: ''I am certainly not going to say that all of ERA is shit - Because it isnt.'' to realize that i am not targeting ERA as a whole. Do i have stark opinions? Sure, i am the last one to deny that, but my criticism goes beyond ''FUCK ERA''. These are things you can clearly just look up in this thread, so please stop perpetuating the idea that i target everyone on ERA, when i don't.

I am glad to hear she has other places to reach out to, but again, i am vehmently against shutting down folks on that transphobia note. Because that note, that goes around so often on ERA, is part of a bigger narrative, and it isnt one where trans acceptance by way of dialogue and understanding is made, but rather, it is forced upon people: You have a differing view, or you are just asking questions? Here's a ban. How The Names and the little helpers approach this, isn't out of good faith: It is approached by negative scepticism. That is what people are so bothered about.

You wanted context? Here it is, ill save you the bothering of looking it up yourself, and bolded the important part.
Like, i get that trans acceptance is something unknown to most Americans, but if you want to see acceptance, than just take upon the dialogue. Listen to what people unknown to trans have to say, talk with them in a open manner and dont shun them for not knowing everything instantly. Make transgender people normal and not special as ERA wants them to be. If transgender people are considered normal, then it means they are succesfully integrated in that society. That is what they should be focussing about, but instead, with studies like these they are more busy trying to create a us versus them mentality and to feel exceptional rather than to be treated as anyone else. (Which is what you would strive for, right? To be considered human instead of being an alien from Gendership Transphobia.

As for your rants on Excel. She asked politely for someone to change the terminology that they were using, and that upsets you? You don't feel that's important enough?
I think in the way it is used over there it is not used with good intents, more as a provocative tool to catch people who are unaware of things. Read the tone of the thread in which it was said.

I don't understand why you feel that you know what's best for the trans community over the trans people that are speaking up about these issues. Is that the most dangerous issue out there to address? Of course not.
Because you don't really represent the trans community, or are you going to claim that ERA's behavior on Chloe Sagal and the way uninformed opinions are actioned by The Names is a just way of having a proper discussion on this matter and accurately represent the trans community at large?

Because if so, please explain to me why the (naive) majority needs to know about you and your minority, when said community confronts these people with passive-aggressive drive-by's, actioning people for sharing their view no matter how nuanced, and members of that community operate on incomplete studies to make their point, and with staff focussing on straight cis men only?

But if you seriously want to see trans people as normal, then actually listen to what we're saying instead of constantly browsing places like Voat and Kiwifarms to get your information on us and what's important for our community. Because the way that you're typing here comes off beyond petty over a simple request.
Pretty rich coming from someone who stayed silent when news on Chloe Sagal hitted ERA and it (ERA) instantly decided that Kiwi was to blame. Because Kiwi didn't talk about Chloe Sagal for 6 months (December 2017.) until news got out that she commited suicide. (Jun 22th 2018).

And when it did, you had users making great statements on her, (This link talks about the mention of Kiwifarms on the Oregon Live piece that it cites and how Kiwi didnt talk about her before her suicide, also provides a backdrop on what events happened prior) recognizing that Sagal's death was in relation to mental health, but also criticizing the things she did wrongly. Hell, the ERA OP literally links to the Oregon piece aswell for additional context. There is clearly so much stuff that could be discussed.

But what does ERA do? ''Boo Kiwi! Fuck them!''. Equating the site as a whole rather than realizing that not everyone is like that. You know what is more ''boo'' worthy? That a forum like ERA does not discuss Chloe's death and advocates for better mental health support, but rather uses her passing as a tool to blame other sites over. You think that's reasonable?

Want more context? Here is a guy who actually dated Sagal, and regrets what has happened. Other users chime in to express their apologies to this user. Again, where is this to be found on ERA in the OP posted above?

So it should come as no surprise that the follow up piece to that Eulogy, is rather foul mouthed. I won't link it here since its more of a rant than a meaningful comment, but if you want that context, ill happily provide. Meanwhile Kiwi has transgender people participating with and treated with respect. And FYI, GAF helped Sagal out back in the day. This stuff has been discussed prior by me aswell if for some reason at this point in reading you still believe i am making generic statements.

Surely, i don't have to cite posts from the ERA source thread to demonstrate how incredibly onesided the replies regarding Sagal/Kiwi are with flagrant disregard for context? Oh no wait, let me help you out. First 2 pages and last 2 pages. Non cherry picked.

Page 1:
''Ohh fuck no. Fuck GG, fuck the alt-right, this is what your shit causes. RIP'',
''God damn you gamergate and the alt right. Fuck this shit. Rest in peace. I hope your message rings throughout the world and adds to the many other voices rising up. I am just sorry you had to make the message, and like this, in the first place because of these bastards.'',
''Damn, fuck the stalkers and bullies. Fuck gg and alt right groups. Fuck em. Fuck their life. For goodness sake, just fuck em. Seriously, fuck em. Fuck them to oblivion. Also, anybody that are Keen on defending gg and alt right or thinking about going on off topic, fuck you and your shit.'',

(Posts 3,4 and 5 of that very thread, mind you.)

''This needs to be publicized more. This is evidence enough that the gaters and KiwiFarms need severe government intervention.'',
''This is terrible RIP. :(''

Bonus: ''First I've heard of them... but it feels like something we all should know about and find ways to counter. Absolutely disgusting, I hope they find a way to charge the members with manslaughter or worse. '' (13th reply.)

Page 2:
''Damn, RIP, hope she's found peace.'',
''This is awful. If I remember, Kiwifarms gets its name from a distorted reading of the initials of someone they initially targeted. The site exists for no reason than than to engage in abuse, so I don't think anyone in that community deserves the benefit of the doubt. '',
''That's no way to die. Rest in peace, Chloe.'',
''This is terrible, what the hell is wrong with them? What kind of garbage name is Kiwi Farm anyway, learn how to name things you alt-right shits. '',
''@ Kiwi farms they’re making jokes and memes like it’s entertainment. Not even a slight condolences.''

Page 8:
''Lol i recently discovered Kiwi Farms. They're a bunch of cunts. They have a megathread on resetera where they whine about this site's moderation and our 1984 sjw librul agenda. Its kind of like 4chan except less original. Which is saying a lot cuz 4chan's OC output has gone way down.'',
''She must have gone through hell to decide to go like that. :( RIP'',
''Fuck kiwi farms. Scumbags. Bunch of losers with nothing better to do. Because they live shallow, pathetic lives and have no social skills they need to harm others. Would love to meet a few face to face. They can even come after me personally. I do t give a fuck if I get doxxed. What is doxxib anyway? Publishing personal info? Fuck, I will give them my address right now if they want. They can pop round.'',
''Very saddening news... I wish her family, friends and those that appreciated her work my sincerest condolences. ''

Page 9:
''Absolutely horrifying.'',
''Everyone on kiwi farms should be charged as an accessory to murder and get the harshest penalties available for such a crime.''
(Seriously?)
''RIP. We all need to treat all with respect and dignity.'',
''These stalker websites are pure evil, and Kiwifarms is the worst of them all. Just a brief look was enough to make me still feeling physically ill hours later. Shut it down and arrest them all. I have been crying my eyes out thinking about what happened to Chloe. RIP.''

And even non-cherry picked the majority is blaming others. No discussion on the context provided, or talks about the backdrop, or even a breeding ground for a proper discussion on better mental health prevention. Because everyone needs help and support.

Want more context as to why the discussion should be about mental health regarding Sagal instead of using her death to blame other places? Sagal actively got evicted out of her roommates apartment days before her suicide because they had decided ''they no longer could take care of her'', and was caught with a machete when the police found her. All of this clearly shows that Sagal had a lot of deep mental troubles, and her statement before her immolation was in regards to the state of mental health in the states. I don't see ERA talk about any of this whatsoever. All ERA loves to do, is blaming others, even implying that other sites killed Sagal.

If you want to talk about facts, then i would suggest that you provide facts with verifiable evidence. Proper research, instead of being loud and obnoxious with cherry pickings all around. You want to promote trans acceptance? Then you and others should have talked about these issues regarding Sagal on ERA.

But apparently ERA rather opts to use her death as a weapon of blaming and framing, of destruction, rather than have her passing have more positive consequences, like that mental health awareness and prevention is more on the cards of the political agenda there.

If that is somehow ''not paying close enough attention'' to trans people, then i guess i live in an alternate timeline where we don't use the death of others to have a go at other places. Because unlike you i am not going to shut down a person who has differing and naive views on trans people. I want to engage in a dialogue with them, as what i am doing right now, without having to get shut down from the Gendership Transphobia. Live and let live.

But i reckon in ERA's case regarding Sagal its more Remain dead so we can use that as a tool for a new narrative. Like i said, its 90% shit and 10% geniune takes. That isnt to say that Kiwi is such a pretty perfect place. Most of these links also contain posts that i find repugnant aswell. But ive always said sites like Voat and Kiwi are 90% trash, 10% geniune. I choose to filter out the 90% crapshoots and focus on these posts, as they highlight a far more nuanced view on this matter than ERA's ''Fuck Kiwi, fuck this, fuck that'' Utopian namecalling.

What you do, just like what a lot of ERA users did with their Sagal thread, is to take these sites as a whole and use her death to talk shit on other sites. When what you, and ERA, could have done is have a discussion on mental health.

[Update:] I think a part of this post, sums this up pretty well: (Partial cite, the full quote contains some sentences i feel are less true for ERA.)
''....there are people, many, many people, some who post on this thread, who would take this death and use it. People who would now claim this death as though it is their loss. People who didn't get her help. People who didn't reach out.

We see you.

And we see your bullshit.''

EDIT: And just before you tell me, this is solely talking about Kiwi, not the other groups that did shittalk to Sagal and all the other terrible things. Not even defending Kiwi here, but providing context for those 10% geniune posts out there.

This is exactly the kind of taking things out of context and selectively cherry picking i was talking about. You don't even read the posts i have made here prior to your post and just start making false accusations. Again.

Frankly Ketkat, you should stop cherry picking from people (incl me) to construct a false narrative. It is disingenous, it is not arguing in good faith, and it makes your internet persona not that likeable by doing so.

This post was using the word tranny non-stop with all of those transphobic sentiments carried throughout before it was edited by a mod. He's also a user who has created a thread about how much he hates the trans community from Gaf, as well as when the mods are first introduced, immediately asks if he's allowed to say he doesn't feel that transgender identities are real. This place is full of people like this with opinions from different subjects that are frankly disgusting.
That user got reply banned for making that post. I am not going to assume you removed that context away from your post, but i am just saying, his post had consequences. And yes, its a shit post.

You can say that this place is pro-LGBT all you want, but let's face the facts here.
That is literally not what Claus said. You talk about facts but you just assigned words to Claus that he didnt say in his prior post.

Except that isnt what i said or did. Again, you failed to provide context, so i gave context. Both on ERA and on Chloe Sagal.

Maybe. But I'm the one who don't need money with a forum. Like if EviLore cares to foster a community.

And Gators are a fucking cancer, you know. That's a fact.
I would advise against using hollow phrasing presenting that as a fact after what i just wrote. By this post you have made, you only demonstrate that you are not one bit better than the folks you accuse them of being.

Addressing Ketkat took me an hour just to properly explain the situation. If addressing her properly makes me fucking cancer then so be it.
Which reminds me, that actually is insultive as multiple family members of me died of cancer. There, now i am triggered aswell, just like how your posts come across.*

*This part is partially said in jest by way of saying: ''Calm down''. Its also a critique.

TLDR: I am providing context to the statements given last night. The context given i feel is geniune and highlights the autodefaulting blaming ERA goes after. Despite that, i should make a disclaimer that on these very same sites you will also find posts that are less... geniune. My credo on these sites is that 90% of these posts are crappy and 10% is geniune. I choose to filter out the 90% crapshoots and focus on these posts.

EDIT: Sligthly revised (Some grammatical errors), also provided a final catern that i forgot to add in. Look for the [Update] tag.

Last edited:

American

Banned
Redneckerz long post...

That is an excellent post Redneckerz. Very detailed, very thoroughly researched and very well articulated.

I'd be surprised if Ketkat ever replied to what you wrote. As I mentioned earlier, someone like that isn't a supporter of the trans community at all. They and their fellow ResetERA nutters cast out anyone that isn't into their extreme way of thinking, even if they are trans as well.

Last edited:

Corrik

Pretty positive that a person who seemed to be suffering from schizophrenia and shot up the Annapolis gazette was blamed on Donald Trump by said forum.

Talk about using mental health to further a crusade.

Like, "wow".

prag16

Banned
Pretty positive that a person who seemed to be suffering from schizophrenia and shot up the Annapolis gazette was blamed on Donald Trump by said forum.

Talk about using mental health to further a crusade.

Like, "wow".
As always. The incredible lack of self awareness.

JordanN

Banned
Speaking out against affirmative action = permanent ban.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tr...nes-on-affirmative-action.53132/#post-9993642

Also, this post sort of scares me:

Oh no, how horrible!

Lemme guess. They should stop forced diversity in video games as well.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tr...nes-on-affirmative-action.53132/#post-9993585

If it wasn't obvious before, but now all the complaints about lack of diversity in gaming is agenda driven.

There's no such thing as meritocracy to these people anymore. Only skin color should be prioritized in both academia and video games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom